CakePHP20 is a free21, open-source22, rapid development23 framework24 for PHP25. It’s a foundationalstructure for programmers to create web applications. Our primary goal is to enable you to work in a structured and rapid manner–without loss of flexibility.
CakePHP takes the monotony out of web development. It provides you with all the tools you need to get
started coding and what you need to get done: the logic specific to your application. Instead of reinventing
the wheel every time you begin a new project, check out a copy of CakePHP and get started with the logic of your application.
CakePHP has an active developer team26 and community, bringing great value to the project. In addition
to keeping you from wheel-reinventing, using CakePHP means your application’s core is well tested and is
being constantly improved.
Here’s a quick list of features you’ll enjoy when using CakePHP:
- • Flexible licensing27
• Compatible with versions PHP 5.2.8 and greater
• Integrated CRUD28 for database interaction
• Application scaffolding29
• Code generation
• MVC30 architecture
• Request dispatcher with clean, custom URLs and routes
• Built-in validation31
• Fast and flexible templating32 (PHP syntax, with helpers)
• Email, cookie, security, session, and request handling Components
• Flexible ACL33
• Data sanitization
• Flexible caching34
• Works from any web site directory, with little to no Apache35 configuration involved.